Monday 23rd April 2018
- Finally a Sutton Hoo chicken week, let me know if you would like to order one.
- Have a look at the menu for the next “pop in” for lunch or dinner which is this Thursday – celebrating the beginning of the asparagus season served with some delicious home-made hollandaise sauce. I am really looking forward to preparing all. Just turn up or let me know if you would like to book.
- The first Titanic menu went up for auction last week and fetched an extraordinary £100k.. I had to Google “bovin and boiled potatoes”, it seems to be potatoes boiled in beef broth – sounds good.
Proposed dates are: Tuesday 22nd of May and Wednesday 23rd of May, Tuesday 5th June. Let me know if you are interested in one of the classes and which dates you can make.
Cooking this week:
For the summer, I will be preparing sauces in place of soups (mostly 🙂 )
- Cream of mushroom and brandy sauce @ £5.50 for 450ml (gluten, wheat free) (excellent with chicken, tagliatelle, hake and as a base for a bean and/or vegetable pie)
- Beef rendang @ £6.35 per 400g (gluten, wheat and dairy free)(slow cooked beef with coconut milk, fragrant spices and lemon grass) (order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken basque @ £6.00 for 400g (dairy free)(delicious stew with chicken legs and thighs (on the bone) cooked with chorizo, tomatoes, peppers, paprika and more)
- Aubergine, chick pea and spinach tagine @ £6.25 per 375g portion (order fresh or frozen) (gluten, wheat and dairy free)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Chocolate and salted nut pleasure pot @ £2.99 each (creme fraiche and said ingredients – yum)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 26th April
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 27th April, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.