Monday 16th April 2018
- This week I am trialling a new line in cooking sauces as part of the ready meal offer. You can purchase these directly from me in the usual way, fresh from Martin Golsby butchers and frozen in the Market Garden. If you have any suggestions of sauces you would be interested in, please let me know.
- Have a look at the menu for the next “pop in” for lunch or dinner Thursday 26th April, I am really looking forward to preparing it. Just turn up or let me know if you would like to book.
- A second call for the next group of cooking classes. The themes will be early summer seasonal cooking (a combination of spring and summer cooking), Spanish cooking. and Malaysian cooking.
Proposed dates are: Tuesday 22nd of May and Wednesday 23rd of May, Tuesday 5th June. Let me know if you are interested in one of the classes and which dates you can make.
Cooking this week:
- Market Garden parsnip and peanut with a hint of chili soup @ £2.75 for 450ml (gluten, wheat and dairy free)
- Bolognaise sauce @£5.50 per 450ml (order fresh or frozen) (dairy, gluten and wheat free)(plenty for 2 on pasta or with baked potato)
- Rendang sauce @ £5.50 for 400ml (delicious Malaysian coconut based sauce with fragrant spices and lemon grass, very mild)(order fresh or frozen)(dairy, wheat and gluten free, vegan)(enough to cook 500g of diced beef, chicken, white fish or 2 chicken quarters)
- Madras curry sauce @ £5.00 for 400ml (lovely classic Indian tomato based sauce with)(order fresh or frozen)(dairy, wheat and gluten free, vegan)(enough to cook 500g of diced beef, lamb, goat, chicken, white fish or 2 chicken quarters)
- Pork, cider and caramelised apple pie @ £6.25 per 400g (topped with short crust pastry) (order fresh or frozen)
- Lasagna @ £6.00 for 400g (ground beef and pancetta tomato ragout)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chick pea, kale and tamarind stew @ £6.00 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen) (gluten, wheat and dairy free)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Pannetone and chocolate bread and butter pudding @ £6.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 19th April
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 20th April, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.