Monday 9th April 2018
- Tony Naylor from the Guardian’s great column on “how to eat” looks at how to eat lasagna, very funny…
- The first wine bar of 2018 not only “trended” on social media, but also went down a storm – thanks to all who helped make it a great evening.
Diary date for the next one is Friday 4th of May
- I’m busy scheduling the next group of cooking classes. The themes will be early summer seasonal cooking (a combination of spring and summer cooking), Spanish cooking. and Malaysian cooking.
Proposed dates are: Tuesday 22nd of May and Wednesday 23rd of May, Tuesday 5th June. Let me know if you are interested in one of the classes and which dates you can make.
- The menu for the next “pop in” for lunch or dinner Thursday 26th April, should be online later today.
- After much encouragement from happy customers I have belatedly joined the modern world of reviewing. I’m starting gently, so opting for Google – no doubt trip advisor will follow. Thank you Julia 🙂
Cooking this week:
please note, collection is Thursday this week
- Thai chicken and sweet potato soup @£2.75 per 450ml (order fresh or frozen) (dairy, gluten and wheat free)
- Sausage and bean casserole @ £6.00 per 400g (home-made gluten free sausages, mixed beans, root veg and tomato) (order fresh or frozen) (dairy, gluten and wheat free)
- Beef, ale and mushroom pie @ £6.40 for 400g (topped with shortcrust pastry)(order fresh or frozen)
- Cheesy, cauliflower pasta bake @ £6.00 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Chocolate creme fraiche pot with salted peanuts @ £2.95 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 12th April
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Thursday 12th April, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.