Monday 19th of March 2018
- As the days get longer and the evenings warmer (always hopeful), preparations for the first “pop up” wine bar, Friday April 6th, are under way. Want a preview of the food menu? Click here.
- Correction to last weeks message which had the incorrect date for the next “pop in” for lunch and dinner day – It is on Thursday 29th of March. Let me know if you would like to book, or just turn up and see what it’s like.
- I love a light syllabub at the end of a rich meal. Felicity Cloake deconstructs and comes up with the perfect recipe.
Cooking this week:
- Spiced cauliflower, lentil and tumeric soup @ £2.75 for 450ml portion (gluten, wheat free and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken tarragon @ £6.45 per 350g (made with Sutton Hoo chicken)(gluten, wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Meatballs in a rich tomato sauce @ £6.25 per 350g portion (made with beef and a bit of ground pork)( wheat and gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Beetroot, goats cheese and dill risotto @ £6.25 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Sticky pineapple and ginger pudding (delicious served hot with cream) @ £6.25 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 22nd March
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 23rd March, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.