Monday 26th of February 2018
- Thank you to all who came to the second “pop in” to lunch or dinner day. There were returners and first timers and a delicious time was had by all – the next one will be on Thursday March 29th. Menu coming soon.
- Many have been asking about the “pop up” Wine Bar – it returns on Friday 2nd of April – save the date, we will be pulling out all the stops (as ever 🙂 )
- I just read this article by David Baddiel, I totally agree with his sentiment on posh food and love the picture he paints of taking his dad out.
Cooking this week:
- Potato, kale and smoked bacon soup @ £2.75 for 450ml portion (gluten, wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Cottage pie @ £6.15 per 430g (made with pulled beef brisket and veg, topped with creamy parsley mash)(order fresh or frozen) (gluten and wheat free, can be dairy free, let me know)
- Chicken rendang @ £6.00 per 400g portion (a delicious Malay curry cooked in coconut and plenty of fragrant spices – not hot)(dairy, wheat and gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Bean and veggie cottage pie @ £6.15 per 450g (aduki beans and veg topped with a creamy, parsley mash)(gluten and wheat free – can be dairy free, let me know))(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Luxury rice pudding, slowly baked with orange blossom and pistachio @ £6.45 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(wheat and gluten free)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 1st March
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 2nd March, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.