Monday 19th of February 2018
- It’s the time of month for the “pop in” to lunch or dinner day, this Thursday. Here’s the menu. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed
- Have you come across Tony Naylor’s “how to eat (HTE)” column in the Guardian, always a good read with humour and worth a trawl through the comments. This one on porridge, from a year ago, is fab. I beg to differ with the bad toppings being cream, bananas and honey – perhaps I should post a comment 🙂
- This weeks food programmes‘ subject is comfort food – I love the idea of curried goat being a comfort food and concur that there is not a definitive recipe for “Jewish penicillin”. If you have 30 minutes to spare, have a listen.
Cooking this week:
- Cauliflower and celeriac soup with pesto @ £2.75 for 450ml portion (gluten, wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken and leek pie @ £6.45 per 400g (made with Sutton Hoo chicken and topped with shortcrust pastry ) (can be ordered as a casserole, wheat and gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Slow cooked sausage, pork, vegetable and bean casserole @ £6.00 per 400g portion (wheat and gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Oyster mushroom and cashew nut teriyake @ £6.45 per 350g (gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Lime and coconut pleasure pot @ £2.95 each (lime curd stirred into coconut cream and creme fraiche)(wheat and gluten free)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 22nd February
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 23rd February, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.