Monday 15th January 2018
- “Pop in for lunch or dinner”, starts next Thursday, 25th January. Why not give it a go, whether on your own or as a group, book or not.
The menu is here, looking forward to welcoming you.
- Blood oranges and Sevilles are in season.
One of my favourite recipes with blood oranges is this fantastic bittersweet salad from Yotam Ottolenghi (not too many way out ingredients).
- Did you hear Angela Hartnett on Desert Island discs yesterday? Interestingly she feels that in Britain we don’t have a food culture as such, it is really all about money – I have to say I agree with her thinking – worth a listen.
Her blog on how to make a chicken last for 6 meals (it must have been a large one 🙂 ) is fab. I did a blog some time ago on how to make a chicken last for 3 meals and thought that was good going.
Cooking this week:
- Butterbean, sundried tomato and chorizo soup @ £2.75 for 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Spiced lamb and pine-nut filo parcel @ £6.25 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken in cider, pancetta and mushroom casserole finished with creme fraiche @ £6.45 per 380g portion (made with Sutton Hoo Chick) (order fresh or frozen)(wheat and gluten free)
- Kale, anchovy, chili and lemon fusilli baked in a tomato and sweet pepper sauce @ £6.00 per 400g portion (can be veggie – will eave out anchovies) (order fresh or frozen)(dairy free)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Rosewater and pistachio meringues with blood orange Eton mess @ £4.25 each (a very generous portion for one)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 18th January
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 19th January, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.