Monday 8th January 2018
- Happy new year.
I have been trawling various sites to see what food predictions are being made for 2018. i news has an interesting forecast – many of them look convincing and positive – I particularly like the “nose to tail” “root to shoot” prediction.
- Thursday the 25th of January sees the “launch” of my new “dining experience” :). The dining club is morphing. “Pop in for lunch or dinner”. The menu for the first is being created – should be available next week.
- I don’t know about you, but I love soda bread. This recipe from Nigel Salter looks delicious. If you can’t get hold of buttermilk, substitute sour cream of creme fraiche (full fat – not low).
Cooking this week:
- Sweet potato, butternut squash, coconut and chili soup @ £2.75 for 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen) (dairy, wheat and gluten free)
- Chicken and mushroom pie (made with Sutton Hoo chicken, topped with shortcrust pastry) @ £6.55 per 425g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Sausage and lentil casserole @ £6.15 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)(dairy, wheat and gluten free)
- Lentil, leek, tomato and cumin casserole @ £6.15 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)(dairy, wheat and gluten free)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Pannetone bread and butter pudding with Marsala @ £6.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 11th January
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 12th January, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.