Monday 11th December 2017
- Racing towards Christmas and running out of valuable cooking time – well guess what?
Some great dishes perfect for the Christmas period are being prepared in the kitchen this week, all suitable for freezing, including the perfect dish for any vegan guests joining you at meal times, just cast your eyes down the page….
- Today is the last day to order off my Christmas list if you want to ensure it’s made – always worth asking later in the week if you have a sudden need of sausage rolls, pie or cake etc…
- Looking for some recipe inspiration for Christmas, here are some amazing looking recipes from the likes of Elizabeth David, Moro and Nigel Slater.
- 2018 is on the horizon, maybe time to mention the Cornucopia Cooks dininig club make-over. Click here to find out more – all comments welcome.
Cooking this week:
- Harira (Moroccan spiced lamb, lentil and veg soup) @ £2.75 for 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen) (dairy, wheat and gluten free)
- Salmon filo parcel (salmon topped with creamy leeks and dill wrapped in filo pastry) @ £7.45 each (portion for one good serving, if you would like a larger parcel, let me know) (order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken and mushroom pie @ (made with Sutton Hoo chicken and topped with home-made shortcrust pastry) £6.45 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Oyster mushroom and cashew nut roast @ £6.55 per 385g portion (perfect for one generous portion if you would like a larger one, let me know)(order fresh or frozen) (Suitable for vegans and wheat free too)
- Caramelised red onion, spinach, goats cheese and pine-nut strudel (delicious filling all wrapped in filo pastry) @ £6.99 each (portion for one good serving,if you would like a larger strudel, let me know) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Cornucopia rose water meringues @ £2.25 each (this is a good size for 1 person)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 14th December
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 15th December, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.