Monday 23rd October 2017
- Halloween approaches, it’s half term, get baking…
Here are 62 suggestions and recipes, courtesy of Country Living
- Thinking of asking friends or family round for lunch or dinner, no time to cook, well guess what? Cornucopia Cooks can helps – check out some ideas here or get in touch for an informal chat
- A couple of irresistible looking recipes from the amazing Nigel Slater: a squid, chorizo and almond dish and a fig and hazelnut yummy thingy.
Cooking this week:
- Leek and potato soup with a touch of sage and thyme @ £2.75 for 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen) (wheat and gluten free)
- Pork, dried plum and armangac pie (topped with shortcrust pastry – can be ordered as a casserole gluten and wheat free) @ £6.10 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Babootie@ (iconic South African dish – similar to meatloaf, but so much nicer, made with lamb mince, mild curry spices and a bit of fruit – a must try 🙂 ) £6.35 per generous slice (order fresh or frozen)
- Veggie cottage pie (made with beans, veg and topped with creamy celeriac mash) @ £6.15 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen) (wheat and gluten free)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Eynsham fruit oaty crumble @ £6.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 26th October
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 27th October, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.