Monday 16th October 2017
- This week is a Sutton Hoo chicken week – let me know if you would like to order one (or two)….
- A few places are still available for next weeks dining club – fancy a relaxing dinner on Thursday 26th? Menu here. Let me know if you’d like to book.
- Pears are perfect at the moment – this sticky toffee poached pear cake is delicious – a bit of an effort with the unexpected ingredeint, molasses. It takes a lot longer to bake than the recipe suggests – well worth a go though…
Cooking this week:
- Autumn vegetable, barley and bacon soup @ £2.75 for 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen) (wheat and dairy free)
- Beef, ale and mushroom pie (topped with shortcrust pastry, can be ordered as a casserole which will be wheat, gluten and dairy free) @ £6.50 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Coq au vin @ (using Sutton Hoo chicken on the bone, pancetta, shallot, mushrooms and red wine ) £6.55 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Thai veggie and cashew nut curry @ £6.35 per 395g portion (order fresh or frozen) (veggie, dairy and gluten free)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Chocolate et pruneaux surprise pud @ £6.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 19th October
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 20th October, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.