Monday 2nd October 2017
- October is here which means the Wine bar pops up this Friday…Great wines (and other drinks including a good selection of soft drinks) and a fab Italian menu.
- Where do you stand on eating veal? If you are a meat eater and feel unhappy eating veal, I recommend you read this article from Compassion in world farming.
If you fancy cooking some veal, why not try the classic Italian dish – Osso Bucco which uses veal shin. Here is a recipe which uses beef- all instructions the same – just cook for a little less time.
- I feel uncomfortable mentioning the C or X word, but just a quick prompt that if you are thinking of organising a family / friends / club or work “do”, and think Cornucopia may be the perfect venue, do get in touch, as my diary is beginning to fill up….
Cooking this week:
- Hanborough squash (a la Market Garden), coconut and lemon grass soup @ £2.75 for 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen) (dairy, wheat and gluten free)
- Pan fried duck breast in a lemon, lime and orange sauce ( A juicy warming recipe, fab for an Autumn evening) @ £6.50 per portion (order fresh or frozen) (dairy free)
- Lamb and apricot pie (topped with shortcrust pastry, can be ordered as a casserole which will be wheat, gluten and dairy free) @ £6.45 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Squash (Hanborough grown from you know where), sage and pecorino risotto @ £6.00 per 365g portion (order fresh or frozen) (meat, wheat and gluten free)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Sticky pear and ginger pudding (made with Witney Road Concord pears) @ £6.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 5th October
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]nucopiacooks.co.uk.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 6th October, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.