Cornucopia Cooks this week
Monday 8th May, 2017
- Thank you to all who came to last Friday’s Wine bar , a great evening as ever, diary date for the next one is June 2nd. Rumour has it the food theme will be Italian.
- The kitchen will be closed next week – you’ve guessed it, more essential research taking place 🙂
- Halal slaughter is an emotive issue, here is a well written article explaining how it is done and the thinking behind it.
- One of the best British puddings has to be spotted dick, Felicity Cloake deconstructs it here and offers the perfect recipe. I would definitely use grated lemon zest rather than mixed peel (I may even include some grated orange zest).
Cooking this week:
- Pea and ham soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (order fresh or frozen)(wheat and dairy free)
- Chicken and mushroom pie (made with Sutton Hoo chicken, topped with shortcrust pastry) @ £6.35 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Beef Bourguignone @ £6.35 per 375g (cooked with red wine, shallots and button mushrooms) (order fresh or frozen) (gluten free)
- Mushroom Bourguignone @ £6.35 per 350g (cooked with red wine, shallots and button mushrooms) (order fresh or frozen) (gluten free)
- Cashew, spinach,ricotta and puy lentil lasagna – can be ordered gluten free @ £6.00 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes with or without beetroot @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Bread and butter pudding with frangipane middle @ £6.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen).
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 11th May
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 12th, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.