Monday 7th November 2016
- Thanks to all who attended the last wine bar of 2016 – it was a lively evening and we look forward to seeing you all again when we return in March 2017…..
- It’s that time of year, days drawn in and pondering asking friends to dinner or a party to brighten up the weekends. Well Cornucopia can help with the cooking (surprise, surprise), Give me a call if you would like a chat about how I can help or click here to view some ideas.
- Last week I found myself near Sutton Hoo and went to visit the chickens – it was great to meet Will and be shown around the “huge” field and learn more about these tasty birds. Unusually the chickens aren’t sexed at birth, meaning cocks and hens are reared (if you do order them and notice that some are fattier than others – guess which gender they are? )Anyway, I feel this is a great thing as otherwise almost 50% of the chicks are terminated. Next week will be a Sutton Hoo week…..
Cooking this week:
please note orders in by Wednesday and collection is Thursday this week..
- Mushroom, celery, apple and barley soup @£2.50 for 450ml portion (wheat free, not gluten free )(order fresh or frozen)
- Cottage pie @ £6.35 per 400g portion (topped with creamy mash)(order fresh or frozen)
- Cod, chorizo and white bean stew @ £6.35 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury cauliflower macaroni cheese @ £5.85 per 500g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Figgy chocolate pudding ( a rich figgy chocolate sponge in a pool of chocolatey sauce) @ £5.85 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Wednesday 9th November
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Thursday 10th November between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.