Monday 24th October 2016
- There are a few places left for this weeks dining club. The menu is here. Let me know if you would like to book.
- .The last wine bar of 2016 “pops up” next week, Friday 4th of November. We hope you can make it, click here for food menu – the wines will be as sublime as ever….
- Great article on how “few industries illustrate the positive impact of immigration on society as clearly as food”.
- Here are 10 great curry recipes – am definitely going to cook the last three this week.
Cooking this week:
- Pea and ham soup @£2.50 for 450ml portion (dairy and wheat free )(order fresh or frozen)
- Pork and caramelised apple pie or casserole @ £6.35 per 400g portion (pie topped with shortcrust pastry)(dairy free and gluten free if casserole)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken chaap (Sutton Hoo chicken, cooked on the bone, in this rich Bengali recipe with fragrant spices, tomato, ginger and yoghurt) @ £6.35 per 400g portion (wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloni in a rich tomato sauce @ £6.00 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Figgy chocolate pudding ( a rich figgy chocolate sponge in a pool of chocolatey sauce) @ £5.85 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 27th October
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 28th October between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.