Monday 22nd August 2016
- After a months break the wine bar is all set to go, Friday 2nd September from 6pm. With an Italian food theme and many fab wines (beers, spirits and delicious non alcoholic drinks too), we look forward to seeing you.
- Some great feedback from customers this year. If you are thinking of hosting a “do” why not see if Cornucopia can assist.
- Elizabeth David is one of my favourite food / recipe writers. Here is a great selection of her recipes chosen by current chefs, stating why they like the recipes.
Cooking this week:
- Plenty of soups in the freezer to choose from @ £2.50 per 450ml portion
- Chicken sofrito (slow cooked on the bone with onion, tumeric, lemon and garlic with potatoes) @ £6.35 per 400g portion (dairy free)( order fresh or frozen)
- Salmon and dill fish cakes with panko breadcrumbs served with a beetroot and horseradish creme fraiche @ £6.50 for 2 generous fishcakes (order fresh or frozen)
- Aubergine, chick pea and spinach tagine @ £6.00 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)(gluten free and vegan)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Summer berry and rosewater meringue Eton mess @ £3.25 each (plenty for one, enough for 2)( not suitable for freezing)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 25th August
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 26th August between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.