Monday 8th August 2016
- Having had our usual August break from the “pop up” wine bar, make sure Friday, September the 2nd is in your diary – we’ll be popping up with great wines and delicious food.
- I’ve been busy perfecting a new cheesecake recipe; Mango, ginger and lime – baked New York style – it’s delicious with a great creamy texture. Here’s the recipe.
- More suggestions for your tomatoes.
Cooking this week:
Please note there will be no weekly message or cooking next week, back to normal on Monday 22nd August.
If you need any meals from the freezer, do get in touch as I am here.
- Courgette, Swiss chard, cannellini bean and thyme soup @ £2.50 per 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen) (gluten and dairy free, vegan).
- Slow cooked pork loin chops sweet and sour @ £6.20 per 400g portion (dairy free)( order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken quarters (leg and thigh) Provencal @ £6.00 per 400g (tomato, peppers, aubergine and courgette sauce)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten and dairy free)
- Peppers stuffed with shortgrain brown rice, caramelised shallot, sundried tomato and feta @ £6.00 per pepper (order fresh or frozen)(gluten free and veggie)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Individual summer puddings @ £3.75 each (plenty for one, enough for 2)( not suitable for freezing)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 11th August
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 12th August between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.