Ready meals by Sandy
Perfect if you are no longer able to cook for yourself, have regualr carers and enjoy tasty home-cooked foods.
This service enables you to order food which will be cooked by me, Sandy, on a weekly basis.
About the meals:
- Meals can be ordered fresh or frozen;
- Recipes can be adapted if you order a minimum of 4 of a particular dish
(for example, if you are dairy or gluten free and order a fish pie, this will be made without dairy and or gluten);
- All foods are made fresh, by me in small batches. I use seasonal and local ingredients when possible. Only natural ingredients are used (no modified starches, inverted sugars etc);
- In the summer all herbs used come from my garden and occasionally fruit and vegetables come from gardens in Eynsham;
- To ensure that the food reaches you in fabulous condition, all food goes straight from the oven / hob into the blast chiller / freezer. This maintains texture and ensures maximum food safety.
How they come:
- Unless you ask the dishes come on their own (ie chicken and mushroom pie) in a healthy sized portion (enough for one very good eater or two smaller eaters)
- Portions of rice, mash, boiled potatoes, dauphinoise potatoes and couscous can also be ordered along with carrots and peas or a veg medley.
- If requested the meals can come in ½ sized portions and with a choice of rice, mash, boiled potatoes or couscous and peas or carrots (or a veg medley). All items will be in the same container to ease heating.
- The meals will come frozen unless ordered off the weekly cooking list, when they can be fresh.
- The packaging can be used in the microwave or a conventional oven.
- A label with ingredients and heating instructions comes on each meal.
How the service works:
- Every week at least 1 soup, 4 main courses and 1 pudding are cooked fresh, these can be ordered and the recipe adapted at this stage if required (ie for special diets and size).
- See a sample weekly cooking list attached. This list is generally sent out every Monday morning via email (if email doesn’t work for you, let me know and we can arrange another way).
- Orders from the weekly cooking list need to be in by Tuesday pm, with any adaptions. They are then cooked ready for collection or delivery on Friday afternoon.
- If ordering from the freezer list, see sample list attached, then this can be done on any weekday via email or phone.
If you are interested in discussing further or placing an order, please give me a call (07551876285) or email ([email protected])
I look forward to hearing from you.