Monday 4th April 2016
- Please note that the Cornucopia kitchen will be closed from this Friday until the 18th of April, due to essential research on ocean edibles. As ever, ready meals are available in The Market Garden’s freezer.
- Thank you to all who came to last Friday’s “pop up ” Wine Bar, it seemed like a great evening was had by all and the home-made sausages proved a great success. Well done to the two women who enjoyed sitting in the garden ALL evening……
- Eating for your “gut” has introduced “gut gastronomy” as a culinary trend. from probiotics to fermented foods, marketeers are looking for USP’s to cover the latest thinking (nothing new really, and rather sensible). Here are some recipes to feed your gut….
Cooking this week:
- Carrot, ginger and coriander soup @ £2.50 for 450ml. (order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken, ham and leek pie or casserole (Made with Sutton Hoo chicken) (topped with home-made shortcrust pastry if pie, can be gluten free if casserole) @ £6.35 for 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- Cottage pie (delicious beef mince, slowly cooked with a few veggies and topped with creamy mash and parmesan ) @ £6.00 per 450g portion (order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Veggie lasagna made with mushrooms, kale, ricotta and lentils @ £6.00 per 450g (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
- Sticky pear and ginger pudding @ £5.50 each (enough for two, plenty for three)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 7th April
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 8th April between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.