Monday 21st March 2016
- Easter approaches…have a go at making some spiced buns and if you are feeling creative, add a cross, recipe here.
- Can you believe it – the wine bar pops up again next week and after much debating back and forth it has been decreed that it will be a bangers and mash night. There will be a selection of home-made sausages to choose from, including a veggie one.
Following the last fab night, make a date and come and join us on Friday April 1st – door opens at 6pm.
- I found these three delicious looking recipes from Yotam for Easter – including six hour lamb and a bottle of wine – what’s not to like?
- How about a spot of foraging over the Easter weekend? I’ve noticed wild garlic in a couple of very sheltered places and young nettles are definitely out there. Xantha Clay and what to do with wild garlic Sorrel and nettle soup recipe Nettle and ramson (wild garlic) pesto
Cooking this week:
please note collection will be on Thursday this week
- Thai spiced butternut squash and coconut soup @ £2.50 for 450ml. (order fresh or frozen)
- Salmon, spinach and ricotta filo @ £6.35 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Pork, dried plum and Armagnac pie or casserole (topped with short crust pastry or if a casserole gluten free) @ £6.00 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Mushroom, spincah, ricotta and cashew filo @ £6.35 each (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chocolate, banana and pecan bread and butter pudding @ £5.95 each (enough for two, plenty for three)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be-able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 24th March
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Thursday 24th March between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.