Monday 7th March 2016
- Well, this months wine bar was so well attended – thank you to all who braved the snow, sleet, rain and cold and packed into Cornucopia, creating great atmosphere. Just a few of the things that stood out for me:
Patrick’s “snow tan”, shot ski, Wendlebury contingent who came seeking atmosphere and weren’t disappointed, and new route to the front via Mill Street!
- Love soup and looking for a new recipe, try this parsnip, apple and celery soup.
- There is a new gadget on the market, a butter sprayer – not much more to say,,,,,,
Cooking this week:
- Caramelised onion and barley soup @ £2.50 for 450ml. (order fresh or frozen)
- Cornucopia’s fish pie @ £6.65 per 500g portion (topped with creamy parsley mash) (order fresh or frozen)
- Hungarian goulash (made with pork, red peppers and paprika, finished with cream and a hint of caraway) @ £6.00 per 385g portion (order fresh or frozen /can be made into a pie) @ £6.35 per 385g portion (cooked in white wine and finished with creme fraiche)(gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Aubergine, chick pea, spinach and preserved lemon tagine (wheat/gluten free and dairy free) @ £6.00 per 375g (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
- Lemon delight @ £2.95 each (a very lemony pleasure pot – 2 could share, gluten and wheat free)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be-able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be-able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 10th March
I always make a bit extra so if you is the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 11th March between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.