Welcome all to 2016.
Cornucopia’s calendar is taking shape:
- First dining club of 2016 is on Thursday 28th January (click here for more info, and book yourself in..)
- On Valentines day, Sunday 14th February is the Valentines tea party – a must for your diary (click here for more info and to find out how to book)
- March see’s the first “pop up” wine bar of 2016 – a definite date to note – Friday 4th, doors open as ever at 6pm
- Cooking class dates are forming. Thai, Malaysian, Moroccan and French baking will be the first, if you are interested in booking, check out the content here and give me a call if you would like a chat about them.
I’ve been trying to see what the word on the ether is for food trends for 2016. To be honest they seem to be predicting pretty much anything you search for, so I have taken an executive decision and decided to list the following:
- Healthy eating (there’s a surprise, we all have good intentions in early January);
- Trying to waste less food – being inventive with bits of chicken and mash and cabbage etc….
- Eating less processed food and thus lowering sugar and salt intake;
- Perhaps considering provenance of food, it’s impact on land and people;
- Taking time to enjoy the process of purchasing food, preparing it and eating (watch less programmes on how to cook things you are never going to cook may just create some of this time!);
- Dishes from Armenia, Ukraine and other Eastern European countries (these are not only delicious, but generally do not require tens of ingredients and they are generally not expensive);
- Will kefir become the new food to solve all – quite a lot of overwhelming claims and a little bit of science…
- HAVE FUN, try and create a mindset where everything to do with eating (especially every day meals) becomes an enjoyable mission rather than a chore.