Cornucopia Cooks this week
Monday 2nd November 2015
- Hope you can make this week’s “wine bar” – last opportunity this year to enjoy the great food, wine and hosts of Eynsham’s “pop up” wine bar.
As ever blankets available for those braving the back yard…..
- Unbelievable, it is November!
I have a Christmas cooking list if you would like a look, as most of us are slowly accepting that planning for the big event should start soon
- Thanks to all who came to last week’s dining club, great atmosphere (and food?). The next one will be Thursday 26th Novmeber.
- An interesting dissection of last weeks food headlines on the dangers of eating processed and red meat – do the WHO have a political agenda? Click here to read more.
- Martini and / or James Bond fan? Felicity Cloake reconstructs the classic Martini: click here worryingly, Felicity’s final recipe uses gin…
Cooking this week:
- Mushroom, leek and potato soup @ £2.50 for 450ml portion
(veggie, gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Lamb tagine with dates and apricots @ £6.35 per 400g portion
(gluten and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Coq au vin – o @ £6.35 per 380g portion
(Sutton Hoo chicken cooked with red wine, lardons, and button mushrooms)(gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury macaroni, cauliflower cheese @ £5.50 per 500g portion
(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- This is a cake week – lemon drizzle, carrot cake, figgy fruit cake and chocolate brownie all available by the slice or whole – let me know what you would like and I will let you know the price
(order fresh )
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be-able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be-able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 5th November
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]opiacooks.co.uk.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 6th between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.