Cornucopia Cooks this week
Monday 12th October 2015
- This is a Sutton Hoo chicken week. If you would like to order one here are the details – let me know
If you missed my post on whether or not your chicken is actually free range, click here.
Many of you ask me roasting times for this chicken as the meat is more dense than most chickens, here are the definitive instructions directly from Belinda at Sutton Hoo. They also have a load of scrummy looking recipes on their website.
- I am not always swayed by the organic argument, however this article by Joanna Blythman is extremely persuasive (mainly because I trust the research and facts).
- This month’s dining club, falls on Thursday 29th October, the food theme will be a celebration of all things British – menu to be decided, requests welcome….
Cooking this week:
- Celeriac and cauliflower soup @ £2.50 for 450ml portion
( gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Lasagna @ £5.85 per 500g portion
(made with ground beef in a rich tomato sauce)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken and mushroom pie @ £6.35per 450g portion
(made with Sutton Hoo chicken, topped with shortcrust pastry)(order fresh or frozen)
- Lentil, barley, caramelised red onion and tomato lasagna @ £5.00 per 500g portion
(topped with a rich bechamel sauce )(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Chocolate and caramelised pear bread and butter pudding @ £6.00 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be-able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be-able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 15th October
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 16th between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.