15cm pan for 2 eggs, slightly bigger for more eggs.
- *2 eggs
- 2 tbs milk
- 20g butter or tbs oil
- Salt and pepper
*Use as many eggs as you like, just add a tbs of milk to each egg and a bit mor fat if using a larger pan.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and seasoning together with a fork or whisk.
- Melt the butter in the pan until gently bubbling, but not colouring.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and tilt pan until covered. Allow the mixture to set, not burn. You may have to help this by using a wooden spatula and dragging some set mixture to centre and allowing unset mixture to the edge.
- You can either add to one half of the omelette or not. Using a spatula or fish slice, gently flip half the omelette over the half with or without the filling.
- You can either slide this onto a warmed plate or gently use the fish slice to transfer it to a plate.
This is lovely with potatoes of any sort or crisps and salads. For a main meal I like 3 eggs. If making to share, make each person their own and they can choose their own filling.
Fillings can be grated cheese / fried mushrooms / cooked bacon / diced ham / herbs / chorizo / wilted spinach and goats cheese etc etc.