(feeds 2 people, will keep for 3 days in the fridge and can be frozen)
- 2 chicken legs and 2 thighs
- 2 large onions
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 2/3 tsp each of ground cumin, coriander, turmeric and 1 cardamom or 2 tbs korma paste
- ¼ tsp chilli powder or ½ chopped chilli
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- Salt – good pinch
- 3/4 tbs natural yoghurt (also optional)
- 1 tbs chopped coriander (optional)
- Chop the onion into medium sized bits.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the curry powder/spices and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, chilli, garlic, salt and paste if using and coat all ingredients.
- Add about 200ml of water.
- Cook gently with lid on (if you have one) for about 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Check the chicken is cooked (it should be starting to fall off the bone) and taste.
- Adjust seasoning and yoghurt. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
Delicious with boiled rice and some fresh veg.
If you have any other veg that needs using up, add it to you curry. If the veg is already cooked add it at the end, if it needs cooking add it with the chicken.