Monday 24th August 2015
- Can you believe it, September is on the way. This means the Eynsham wine bar will be “popping up” after a summer break (for wedding, honeymoon, house renovations and gardening).
We hope you can make it, the date is Friday, September the 4th, 6.00pm start, the theme Italian – of course the usual delicious wines, beers and soft drinks and of delicious food….
- My favourite chicken recipe of the moment is a Yotam Ottolenghi one for chicken sofrito – sublime – give it a try.
- The garden / allotment may be providing a plentiful harvest of beans and basil – try this delicious salad – simple – green beans and pesto.
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer you can follow me on twitter @cornucopiacooks).
Cooking this week
- Beetroot and horseradish soup @ £2.50 for 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen, gluten, wheat free, can be veggie if requested, otherwise made with chicken stock)
- Moussaka @ £6.35 per 400g portion (made with a rich lamb sauce, layered with aubergine) (order fresh or frozen, gluten)
- Coq au vin (made with Sutton Hoo chicken!)(cooked on the bone) @ £6.35 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- Veggie moussaka @ £6.00 per 400g (made with mixed beans, mushrooms and tomato)(order fresh or frozen) (gluten free )
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Caramelised apple and cinnamon bread and butter pud @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)( order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here