- 300g carrots (peeled or scraped, topped and tailed)
I used heritage carrots, but any variety will work
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbs olive or rape seed oil
- 2 tbs fresh orange juice
- pinch salt to taste
- Slice the carrots into batons – the size is not really important, so long as all the batons are a similar size.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil with a pinch of salt.
- Add carrots to the pan and simmer for 1 1/2 minutes to 3 minutes depending on size of batons – you want the carrots to still have a good crunch.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds – cook gently until lightly coloured and beginning to crackle.
- Pour over the drained carrots and add orange juice (do this while still hot).
- Taste and add salt if required.
- You can serve straight away or at room temperature.
This salad will keep for 3 days in the fridge.
You can add chopped coriander or cumin to the salad.