Monday 8th June 2015
- Thank you to everyone who “popped in” to last Friday’s Wine Bar – what a great evening, diary date: Friday 3rd of July when we will be “popping up” the night before carnival – what better way can there be to prepare?
- June’s dining club is a celebration of all things Yotam Ottolenghi – just let me know if you would like to book, the date is Thursday 25th.
- The Cornucopia kitchen is taking a 10 day break from the 14th to the 24th of June – there will be no “ready meals” or weekly message for the next 2 weeks.
- Now is the time to make elderflower cordial – the elderflowers are blooming and have had some lovely sunshine this weekend to bring out the delicate aromas.
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer you can follow me on twitter @cornucopiacooks).
Cooking this week
- Tomato, roasted sweet pepper and basil soup @ £2.50 for 450ml (order fresh or frozen, gluten free)
- Chicken and mushroom pie (topped with shortcrust pastry) @ £6.35 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen, order as a casserole which will be gluten free)
- Herb roasted belly pork in an elderflower, gooseberry and ginger sauce @ £6.00 for 500g portion (order fresh or frozen, dairy and gluten free)
- Spiced chickpea, mushroom and tomato stew @ £5.85 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen, dairy, gluten and wheat free)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Rhubarb and ginger pleasure pot (enough for 1) @ £2.75 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 11th June
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street. Friday 12th June (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (alternative arrangements can be made if this time does not suit – just get in touch)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.