Monday 30th March 2015
- It’s Easter this coming weekend – some great dishes to order, available to collect on Good Friday – if you would like to collect on Thursday, some dishes will be ready then, just ask.
- As it’s Easter this weekend we have moved the “pop up” wine bar on a week. Friday the 10th of April sees the next wine bar which will have a Spanish theme, some fab wines selected by Iain and Oli and a selection of tapas prepared by me.
- Fascinating article, a must read for anyone who wants to know what they are eating: click here
- If you are thinking of doing a ham for the weekend, check out these great looking recipes.
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week
- Sundried tomato and basil soup @ £2.50 for 450ml (order fresh or frozen, vegetarian)
- Beef, ale and mushroom pie (topped with shortcrust pastry ) @ £6.25 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen, can be a casserole which is gluten free)
- Chicken baked with bacon, mushrooms and cider, finished with cream @ £6.35 for 375g portion (order fresh or frozen) (gluten free)
- Cheese, leek and potato pie @ £5.75 per 450g portion (order fresh or frozen, vegetarian and gluten free)
- Coronation chicken (made with fresh mango) @ £6.00 for 450ml (plenty for 2, gluten free, only available fresh, will not freeze)
- Poached salmon with a gooseberry and elderflower creme fraiche – 100g piece @ £5.75 (generous piece for 1 person for a main course)
- Dauphinoise potatoes with or without beetroot and or horseradish @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen, gluten free and vegetarian)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Profiteroles filled with fresh whipped Jersey cream, topped with chocolate (3 per portion, £3.00 – can be ordered with chocolate sauce to serve warm instead of topped with chocolate)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 2nd April
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street. Friday 3rd (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (alternative arrangements can be made if this time does not suit – just get in touch)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.