Monday 19th January 2015
- Just over one week to go and the raclette evening at Cornucopia – first dining club of 2015 indulges in this fabulous meal format – great for cheese loving carnivores and veggies alike – let me know if you would like a seat.
- Felicity Cloake does her deconstruction thing with this delicious cheese and onion tart recipe – wonderful comfort food – all you need is a good glass of beer to accompany it….
- Supermarkets are driving down the cost of milk – in some places it is now cheaper than water. Part of the reason the supermarkets are in a strong position is the drop in demand for milk from China and trading restrictions with Russia, click here for more info.
If milk is cheaper that water, what happens to the cows?
- I have had many people asking about cooking classes, click here to see how they work and add yourself to one of my “lists” if you are interested.
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week
- Spinach and puy lentil soup @ £2.50 per 450ml (order fresh or frozen, gluten free)
- Chicken rendang sutton hoo chicken, (a Malaysian dish with coconut, peanuts and a hint of chili) @ £6.35 per 420g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Pork, mushroom and cider pie with a hint of wholegrain mustard and cream (topped with shortcrust pastry) (can order as a casserole, gluten free) @ £6.00 for 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Butternut squash, spinach and feta pie (topped with shortcrust pastry) @ £6.00 for 420g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes with or without beetroot @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen, gluten free and vegetarian)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Apple and raspberry crumble @ £5.00 (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 15th January
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street. Friday 16th (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (alternative arrangements can be made if this time does not suit – just get in touch)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.