Monday 3rd November 2014
- It’s that time of month – the Wine Bar is “popping up”. Not only will Iain and Oli have selected some amazing Australian wines, but the kitchen will be serving the Aussie favourite – Pad Thai and classic pudding – Pavlova. Hope you can make it, doors open at 6.00pm. We will have blankets available for the adventurous who wish to sit outside – “onesy’s” acceptable dress code…..
- Yikes – it’s November, which means we are all beginning to think of Christmas – or perhaps you are in denial – anyway here is my Christmas cooking list you may want to file for reading at a later date…..
- This weeks food issue is a fascinating video, recorded in 1974 in the States about food being a culture not a technology – it is long, but worth a listen if you are interested in the “rise and rise” of the mega farm.
- There are some great tofu recipes here. It is vital to use “good quality tofu” if you want it to be tasty (and perhaps convert persons). I always buy mine from one of the many oriental supermarkets in our area where they sell it fresh in the chiller.
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week
- Tuscan bean and sausage soup @ £2.50 (order fresh or frozen, gluten free)
- Pheasant Normandy (an Elizabeth David classic, cooked with cider and apples, finished with calvados and a dash of cream) @ £6.25 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen, gluten free)
- Lamb, barley and root vegetable casserole or pie @ £6.25 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen, casserole is gluten free, both are dairy free)
- Beetroot and goats cheese risotto @ £5.95 for a 395g portion (order fresh or frozen, vegetarian, gluten free)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen, gluten free and vegetarian)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Tiramisu (plenty for 2, enough for 3) @ £6.20 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 6th November
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street. Friday 7th (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.