Monday 27th October 2014
- This month’s dining club, Thursday 30th, has an Italian comfort food theme, click here for menu and get in touch if you would like to book.
- Milk from mega or micro dairies? Interesting articles on how we can influence where our milk comes from by voting with our feet and purses.
- It’s a Sutton Hoo chicken week this week, let me know if you would like to order one.
- I’m not a great pumpkin pie fan, but if you like it or feel obliged to make one, this recipe is good – I would definitely use butternut squash instead of pumpkin and perhaps add a bit of nutmeg.
- I have just harvested some fab mouli (white radish) from my garden and am going to make this Korean salad – recommended to me. It looks amazing. (I don’t have any anchovy sauce so will be using thai fish sauce instead)
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week
- Leek and potato soup 450ml @ £2.50 (order fresh or frozen, gluten free)
- Beef bourguignon @ £5.95 per 475g portion (order fresh or frozen, dairy free)
- Chicken Cacciatore (made with Sutton Hoo chicken baked in white wine, tomato, onion and garlic) @ £6.55 per 475g portion (order fresh or frozen, gluten and dairy free)
- Puy lentil, mushroom, swiss chard lasagna and 3 cheese lasagna @ £6.00 per 450g portion (order fresh or frozen, vegetarian)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen, gluten free and vegetarian)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Sticky pear and ginger pudding (plenty for 2, enough for 3) @ £5.25each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 30th October
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street. Friday 31st October (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.