Monday 8th September 2014
- Finally, the Wine Bar “pops up” again after it’s summer break. We have a Portuguese theme (loosely!) Hope you can make it – Friday 12th, 6.00pm – doors open….
- This month’s dining club, Thursday 18th (1 week earlier than usual) celebrates “local food”, take a look at the menu and get in touch if you would like to book – a few places left
- Harry Wallop has written a great article on the history of British puddings and how they have evolved through history (includes Birds custard and Angel Delight)
- If, like me, you love oatcakes and fancy having a go at making your own – you can’t go wrong by following Felicity Cloake’s well researched recipe.
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week
- Carrot and coriander soup450ml @ £2.50 (order fresh or frozen)
- Cornucopia fish pie @ £6.55 per 500g portion (topped with cream, parsley mash) (order fresh or frozen)
- Beef and ale (Old Hookey) pie (topped with shortcrust pastry – gluten and or dairy free available) @ £6.35 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Aubergine and kidney bean balls in a spicy tomato sauce @ £6.00 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen, vegan)
- Various deli platters, click here
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Portuguese custard tarts (luscious custard filling in a puff pastry case) individual size @ £2.95 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 11th September
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street. Friday 12th September (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.