Monday 1st September 2014
- Due to madness this weeks collections will take place on Thursday instead of Friday and the Wine bar is one week later than usual on Friday 12th September.
(The madness is somehow finding myself agreeing to swim the length of Coniston water on Saturday 6th September!)
- Did you know you can grow many salad leaves in containers through the winter? Check out this excellent, informative article by Mark Ridsdill Smith.
- I hate to say this, but the nights are drawing in. What better way to cheer yourself and some friends up by booking a dinner at Cornucopia Cooks. (Choose from private dining, friends dining, or the dining club).
- If, like me, you love oatcakes and fancy having a go at making your own – you can’t go wrong by following Felicity Cloake’s well researched recipe.
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week
- Creamy cauliflower, basil and tomato soup 450ml @ £2.50 (order fresh or frozen)
- Lasagna made with ground beef in a rich tomato sauce @ £5.85 per 475g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken and mushroom pie (topped with shortcrust pastry – gluten and or dairy free available) @ £6.35 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Butternut squash, spinach and ricotta lasagna @ £6.00 per 420g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Various deli platters, click here
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Lemon tart @ £15.00 each (for a 24cm (8 portions), larger and smaller available – just ask)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 4th September
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Thursday 4th September (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.