Monday 14th July 2014
- It’s that time of plentiful basil if you grow it. Making your own pesto is a great way to use any surplus, it keeps well in the fridge if covered with a layer of oil and freezes too. If you are stuck for inspiration on how to use your pesto, check out these 25 suggestions.
- A new way to buy local produce, The Food Assembly is coming to Britain. Interesting…….
- Is a courgette a zucchini and ideas on what to do with the pending glut…
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week:
- Spiced chickpea and tomato soup 450ml @ £2.50 (order fresh or frozen) ( vegetarian)
- Lamb and apricot pie (made with shortcrust pastry) @ £6.20 for 450g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Salmon fishcakes served with a beetroot and horseradish crème fraiche @ £6.25 per portion (best fresh but can be frozen)
- Aubergine and goats cheese lasagna @ £6.00 per 450g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Various deli platters, click here
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Raspberry and apple crumbles @ £5.50 each, (plenty for 2, enough for 3)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 17th July
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 18th (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.