Monday 23rd June 2014
- There are still a few places left for this week’s dining club, Thursday 26th June. The menu theme is a celebration of summer.
- If you haven’t already, save the date, July 4th, for the next pop up wine bar. What better way can there be to starting carnival weekend?
- Lots of folky things happening this coming weekend, including a great afternoon of folk and cake at Cornucopia on Sunday 29th, 3.00 -5.00pm (booking essential)
- After a bit of a break, we have a chicken week. If you would like to order a chicken this week, click here for details.
- Herrings and sardines are in season and sustainable. They are great grilled, fried or bbq’d. Try serving with this olive, caper and dill salsa, new potatoes and Ukranian style cucumber salad with your fish. (perhaps potatoes, dill and cucumber from your garden and greenhouse).
- What are your views on red meat consumption regarding health and sustainability? This is an interesting take on the argument, click here.
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week:
- Potato, chive and pancetta soup @ £2.50 for 450ml portion (gluten free, order fresh or frozen)
- Pan fried duck in a redcurrant, port and citrus sauce @ £6.85 for 485g portion (gluten and dairy free, order fresh or frozen)
- Coq au vin made with Sutton Hoo chicken @ £6.30 per 400g portion (gluten free, order fresh or frozen)
- Chickpea, tomato and aubergine pie (vegan, topped with home-made shortcrust pastry) @ £6.00 475g portion (vegan – order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Gooseberry and apple strudel @ £10.00 each, (plenty for 4, order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 26th June
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 27th (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.