Monday 16th June 2014
- Looking for a great space with excellent food for a dinner party or family celebration? Check out the private dining at Cornucopia Cooks.
- There are still a few places left for June’s dining club, Thursday 26th June. The menu theme is a celebration of summer.
- Broad beans, lettuce and peas are all in season now. Great recipe for pea, broad bean and mint soup (from guess who?) and braised lettuce and peas with roast chicken by Stevie Parle.
- Coming up soon – the Cornucopia back yard is open forOpen Gardens(Saturday 28th June) with over 30 culinary herbs to see – tea available too (proceeds to the Bartholomew Educational Foundation), and an afternoon tea with folk music on Sunday 29th June.
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week:
- Pea, broad bean and mint soup @ £2.50 for 450ml portion (vegan on request, order fresh or frozen)
- Herb roasted belly pork in a white wine, gooseberry, ginger and elderflower sauce @ £6.20 375g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Salmon, braised lettuce and pea filo parcel with/without a preserved lemon, pomegranate and orange blossom couscous @ £8.25 / £6.50 per portion
- Feta, herb, braised lettuce, aubergine and pea filo parcel served with/without preserved lemon, pomegranate and orange blossom couscous @ £7.50 / £5.95 per portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Lentil, herb, braised lettuce, roasted butternut squash and pea filo parcel served with / without preserved lemon, pomegranate and orange blossom couscous @ £7.50 / £5.95 per portion (vegan on request, order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Sticky toffee pudding @ £5.50 each, (plenty for 2, enough for 3, order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 12th June
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 13th (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.