Monday 2nd June 2014
- Friday’s pop up wine bar approaches. We have a South African food and wine theme (Sandy and Iain are honing their South African accents!). Hope you can make it – biltong, boerewors and beautiful wines all on the menu….
- Elderflowers are in full bloom. Have a go at making some delicious elderflower jelly or cordial.
- Do you like fish but worry about it’s sustainability. Hake, a member of the cod family is a good one to choose. Diana Henry has some lovely recipes, or just use your favourite cod recipe. My favourite local fishmonger is on the Osney industrial estate, if you haven’t paid them a visit, do – you won’t be disappointed.
- Did you know Eynsham is hosting it’s first folk weekend, 28th – 29th June? Many great events, including afternoon tea and folk at Cornucopia on Sunday 29th June.
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week:
- Carrot and coriander soup @ £2.50 for 450ml portion
- Pan fried pork tenderloin, baked with a pomegranate sauce @ £6.00 per 395g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Boerewors (beef and pork spiced sausage) and pap (mealie meal/polenta – a bit of a South African yearning?) @ £6.00 per portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Puy lentil, aubergine, spinach and tomato lasagna @ £5.75 per 400g portion (suitable for vegans, order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Melk tert (South African version of the Portuguese version of a custard tart – scrummy!) 18cm tert @ £7.00 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 5th June
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 6th (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.