Monday 10th March 2014
- Friday’s pop up wine bar heralded another lively evening. It was great to see some new faces and many popping in for supper, sampling the delicious (of course) Basque chicken and chorizo stew. Hope to see you for the next pop up – Friday April 4th……
- March’s dining club, Thursday 27th, theme is “south west France” – cassoulet will be on the menu! Do get in touch if you would like to book.
- As from now, all chicken used will be Truly Free Range and from Sutton Hoo. The chickens are collected live from the farm on Mondays and delivered to Cornucopia Cooks at 4am on Wednesday mornings. You can’t get fresher than that. If you would like to buy whole chickens, click here for more info.
- Some great ideas on making veg the main event from Jonathan Dimbleby of Leon..
- Some sustainble food news from the Sustainable food trust, including article on Co-op selling off it’s arable farms……
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! ( If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week:
- Spicy chorizo, white bean and tomato soup @ £2.50 for 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Salmon, spinach and ricotta filo parcel (made with a selection of fresh market fish topped with creamy parsley mash) @ £6.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken Cacciatora (sutton hoo free range chicken bakes slowly with white wine and tomatoes) @ £6.00 per 385g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Cassoulet made with haricot beans, duck confit, Toulouse style sausage and belly pork @ £6.25 per 500g portion
- Butternut squash, spinach and ricotta filo parcel @ £5.85 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Cheesy Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.35 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Lemon steamed pudding (zesty and veggie!) @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2 enough for 3)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 13th
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 14th (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.