Monday 10th February 2014
- Thank you to everyone who came to Eynsham’s “pop up wine bar” on Friday – a great evening was had by all, looking forward to seeing you all again at the next one, Friday 6th March (especially those of you who could not get in!)
- Cornucopia Cooks will be taking a break next week, so remember to order enough to tie you over until the week commencing 17th February.
- This is a great article from Jack Monroe (Guardian) on how and where to shop with thrift. Click here.
- Fancy cooking for valentines day? How about lamb meatballs stuffed with pine-nuts and baked in tomato sauce with spaghetti and a leaf and herb salad, followed by rosewater and pistachio meringues served with raspberry cream.
- Are you sure you trust your food retailer? Are they selling you what they say they are selling you? Click here.
- Facebook person? Remember to like Cornucopia Cooks or leave a comment!
- Tuscan bean and sausage soup @ £2.50 for 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Puy lentil and spinach soup @ £2.50 for 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken baked with chorizo, tomatoes and Seville orange casserole @ £5.85 per 375g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Gnocci baked with tallegio, mushroom and sage @ £6.00 per 375g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £4.85 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Raspberry “Valentines” shortbread (heart shaped of course, using dried raspberries) @ £2.25 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 14th (3.00pm – 5.00pm)
(collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)