Monday 18th November 2013
- This months dining club, Thursday 28th is fully booked. The next one is January 30th and has a Malaysian menu theme. At £19.50 per person, this is a great reasonably priced Christmas present for friends. Click here to find out how the dining club works.
- Another Christmas present idea (“a bit of plugging going on here”) book a cooking class for a family member(s) or friend(s). A range of classes are available, with a full list here. If you have an idea of something you would like to do and it is not on the list get in touch to discuss.
- A great article on Elizabeth David here, from the Telegraph – one of the cookery writers who has always inspired me.
- The weather is getting colder – a fantastic dish to come home to on a frosty evening (whether you cook it in a slow cooker, in advance and pop it in the oven for an hour after coming in from work) try this delicious shin of beef “osso bucco” style.
- Facebook person? Why not like Cornucopia Cooks or leave a comment!
- Leek and potato with a hint of sage soup @ £2.50 per 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen)
- English(ish) cassoulet (pheasant or rabbit (cooked confit style) or both – you choose – with chorizo and butterbeans) @ £6.25 per 385g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken, preserved lemon and olive tagine @ £5.95 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Lamb, date and apricot tagine @ £6.15 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- Butternut squash, spinach, chick pea and olive tagine @ £5.95 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Citrus and pomegranate couscous @ £3.00 for 450ml portion
- Daupinoise potatoes @ £4.85 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Apple and cinnamon with a hazelnut crumble @ £4.95 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 22nd (3.00pm – 5.00pm)
(collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)