Monday 1st July 2013
- Elderflowers are ready to pick. If you are in the mood for making elderflower cordial or champagne, check out these links. cordial (I do use citric acid, even though it’s optional – it helps preserve the taste) champagne
- Warm weather? Looking for some cool drinks ideas? Try some of these suggestions. (Perhaps a flask or two of these prepared for Eynsham Carnival, this coming weekend?)
- Cornucopia Cooks will be closed from the 13th to the 29th of July. Make sure your freezer is stocked with ready meals for that period.
Cooking this week:
- Plenty of soups available from the freezer, check out the list.
- Chicken and ham pie topped with shortcrust pastry @ £5.90 per portion (450g) (order them fresh or frozen)
- Chicken, olive and preserved lemon tagine £5.90 per portion (450g) (order them fresh or frozen)
- Butternut squash, spinach and chick pea tagine @ £5.90 per portion (450g) (order them fresh or frozen)
- Ricotta, rocket and roasted hazelnut filo parcels @ £5.50 each (one is plenty for a main course)
- Pomegranate and orange couscous @ £2.00 for 450g (1 generous or 2 smaller servings)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 5th (3.00pm – 5.00pm)
(collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)