Tuesday 6th May 2013
- Have you been down to the woods? Foraging opportunities abound: try out some of these suggestions.
- English asparagus are great at the moment, delicious with hollandaise (if you’ve got the time and the patience!), alternatively dip into a soft boiled egg!
Cooking this week:
- Beetroot and horseradish soup (delicious warm or cold with a dollop of crème fraiche) @ £2.50 for 240ml
- Beef, mushroom and ale pie (topped with shortcrust pastry) @ £6.00 per 475g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Asparagus, broad bean and smoked salmon pasta dish @ £6.00 per 375g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Mushroom, Swiss chard and goats cheese pie (topped with shortcrust pastry) @ £6.00 per 450g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Poppy seed cake with polenta and orange blossom water @ £15.00 (12″ round)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 10th (3.00pm – 5.00pm)
(collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)