Monday 29th April 2013
- Cornucopia cooks has finally given in and joined Facebook. If you Facebook, please like Cornucopia Cooks….
- Bookings are now being taken for May’s dining club, Thursday 30th. The menu theme will be Thai.
- Purple sprouting is delicious at the moment, try steamed and dressed with sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds.
- With the bank holiday approaching, order some delicious home-made food, giving you more time in the garden (ever hopeful for warm sunshine!)
Cooking this week:
- Plenty of soups to choose from, either in the freezer or from the Market Garden
- Caramelised onion gravy (delicious with sausages, poultry, pork steak or baked potato, add more stock or water and create onion soup – made with meat stock) @ £3.95 for 400g – plenty for 2 (order fresh or frozen)
- Coq au vin @ £6.00 per 400g portion portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Mushroom tart tatin (10″, 25cm diameter) @ £20.00 each
- Purple sprouting broccoli, anchovy and parmesan tortilla or spinach, goats cheese and pine nut tortilla(whole, 1/2 or 1/4 available – 1/4 is enough for 1 person for main course, or two for a light supper) @ £16/ £8.25 /£4.50 per portion .
- Sticky ginger and orange loaf @ £15.00 (12 generous slices)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 3rd (3.00pm – 5.00pm)
(collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)