This recipe, from my niece, Rebecca Lett, is delicious (despite being fat free). It is yummy on it’s own or served buttered like a tea loaf.
300g plain flour
150g caster sugar
3 ripe bananas, roughly mashed
2 large egg whites (lightly whisked, until just frothy)
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 tbs apple sauce (or apricot jam)
Tin: 20cm by 10cm or similar / greased and the bottom lined
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F/ Gas4
- Fold all the ingredients together in a bowl and transfer into tin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 – 45 minutes, until a squewer comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack when cool enough.
- This will keep for a week in a tin.