Two hour demonstration (with participation):
- Introduction to buying fresh fish and frozen fish
- Demonstration of scaling, gutting and filleting
- What types of fish are best for what style of cooking
- Demonstration of grilling, poaching fish
- Demonstration of making a fish soup
- Pan fried fish with appropriate accompaniment (choice will depend on availability)
notes on all of the above will be available to take home for reference
The cooking session:
- Preparation of a fish pie (to take home)
- Preparation of a fish for baking (to take home)
- Using up trimmings – demonstration of tortilla / quiches using fish
All recipes used and discussed will be available to take home.
All foods you prepare, you take home.
The cost of this course is £140.00