This is a one day course
9.30 am – 4.00 pm
Included in the cost are all the ingredients used on the course, dishes you have prepared to take home, lunch, tasters and refreshments.
At the end if this day you will have:
- looked at the ingredients used,especially spices, spice mixes and harissa;
- discussed where to buy the ingredients and how to store them;
- prepared a selection of dishes and be inspired to cook others, suitable for family day-to-day meals and celebration meals.
Program for the day:
- introduction to the ingredients;
- discussion of use, purchase and storage of basic ingredients;
- * tagines, prepare a lamb/beef /vegetable tagine (you take one home), how to improvise with cooking pots;
- *make harira (traditonal soup)
- *prepare couscous
- have lunch (3 guesses as to what it will be!);
- *make a chicken pastilla
- demonstration of almond pastries and orange salad
- * make a selection of mezze.
* 4 portions of each are made.
Cost for day:
£125.00 (included in the cost are lunch, tasters, some basic ingredients to take home and get you started, and refreshments).
All prices quoted are correct at time of publication, but could be subject to change due to fluctuating costs of ingredients. Notice will always be given
If 4 people book as a group, you pay for 3.
How to prepare for the course:
Bring any questions you have / let Sandy know in advance if you have any particular dishes you would like to explore.