10.00am – 4.00pm
All ingredients for foods you make, lunch, tasters and refreshments included in cost.
- Look at foods in season, discuss flavour, texture and keeping qualities (is it worth freezing etc).
(let me know in advance if there are any particular ingredients you are interested in, especially if you grow fruit and veg and find yourself with “gluts”).
- Discuss how to substitute ingredients which aren’t in season, with seasonal ingredients.
- Make a starter, main course and pudding for four, using seasonal produce (you take home to eat soon or to freeze).
Proposed program for the day:
- *Make a classic tomato sauce
- Demonstration of melanzane parmigiana ciabatta garlic bread
- *You make melanzane parmigiana and ciabatta garlic bread
- Demonstration of a tortilla
- Grill mackerel fillets (fillet your own mackerel)
- Lunch – grilled mackerel with an olive, caper and dill salsa, broad bean and pea salad with a mint and lemon dressing, quinoa salad (all recipes supplied and we will make the salads together)
- *Make a raspberry polenta tart
- *Make pesto, grilled courgette and halloumi salad
- Demonstration of making meringues (we will make rosewater and pistachio, but many other flavours can be made)
£125.00 (this includes the items you take home )
What you need to bring:
questions; bags / containers to take home your cooked items.
All prices quoted are subject to change due to fluctuating costs of ingredients. Notice will always be given.