Roasted cauliflower and pine-nut salad
1 medium sized cauliflower broken into even sized florets
(enough sunflower oil to toss cauliflower in before roasting. Less is best)
2 Tbs pine-nuts, lightly toasted in the oven (be careful not to burn)
1 Tbs runny honey
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp sunflower oil
1 Tbs chopped parsley
Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to medium high.
- Place cauliflower florets tossed in a little oil on a baking sheet, roast for 15 – 20 minutes (until coloured in places but not too soft)
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make the dressing by combining the honey, lemon juice, oil, parsley and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- As soon as the cauliflower comes out of the oven, transfer to a heatproof dish. Add the dressing and pine-nuts and gently coat all the cauliflower. Leave to cool.
- This salad is best eaten at room temperature. It does not keep for more that 2 days as the cauliflowers taste becomes a bit bitter.